St Peter's

Parish of Heysham St Peter with St James and St Andrew

Introduction

St Peter's is the parish church and is situated in the lovely seaside village of Heysham.

The church as we see it now dates from the Saxon period (8th century) but the original church was probably Celtic (6th century).

The church is right beside the sea with views across Morecambe Bay to the mountains of Cumbria.

The church contains many important artifacts including the world-famous 'Hog Back Stone' (Viking grave stone).

Services

Items in italics by arrangement

Sundays:

0930-Parish Communion (CW Order 1)

1100-(4th)-Morning Prayer (CW)

1400-Holy Baptism

1500-Evening Prayer (BCP)

Wednesdays:

1000-Holy Communion (CW Order 1)

Saturdays:

0800-Holy Communion (BCP)

Organisations

Choir more>>> (PDF)

St Peterís Church Guides more>>> (PDF)

St Peterís Hall more>>> (PDF)

Ladies Group more>>> (PDF)

Flower Guild more>>> (PDF)

Mothersí Union more>>> (PDF)

Publications

One History of St Peters (PDF)

The Hogback Stone (PDF)

 

pet2
pet3
[Home] [Parish] [St Peter's] [St James'] [Baptisms] [Weddings] [Funerals] [Deanery]